Dental Health at Home
Dentists refer patients to specialized dental services, often for people with special needs such as the elderly and the disabled, and sometimes for people with disabilities or the sick. Dental care is available in hospitals, specialized health centers, ambulatory clinics, home visits and nursing home visits, and dental care is available in a variety of places so that everyone can receive dental care at home. In cases where treatment and sedation under general anesthesia are required, dentistry services are provided by dentists in some hospitals and health centers.
In adulthood, the improvement in bone tissue formation due to bone loss begins to end around the age of 25, when adolescence, when the body's structural activity is quite rapid, ends. For this reason, much more attention should be paid to oral and dental care in order to prevent weakening and loosening of the teeth. Particular attention should be paid to adequate intake of components that affect dental health, such as vitamin D, calcium and phosphorus found in milk and dairy products. In adults, the gums as well as the tooth frames are quite high. Plaque covering the surface of the tooth and hidden under the gum must be cleaned regularly to prevent gum disease and inflammation. If calculus occurs, it should be taken to the dentist and the calculus should be cleaned. There is a common misconception among the public that it is normal to have tooth decay and loosening during pregnancy and that it is inconvenient for pregnant women to go to the dentist. It should not be forgotten that tooth decay and loss can be prevented in mothers who pay enough attention to nutrition and oral care during pregnancy, and if the dentist deems it necessary, dental treatment can be given to pregnant women.
Which Dental Treatments Can Be Done at Home?
To provide effective oral and dental care for children and adults, the following points should be considered:
- To protect the health of your teeth and gums, you should brush your teeth with fluoridated toothpaste and a soft toothbrush at an angle of 45 degrees up and down at least 2 times a day.
- Ensure that the anterior, posterior and chewing surfaces of each tooth are adequately brushed.
- Tongue cleaning should be done with a toothbrush or tongue cleaners.
- In order to prevent the formation of plaque and tartar, the materials between the teeth should be cleaned with dental floss after each brushing.
- After brushing your teeth, you should use mouthwash to clean your mouth more effectively.
- The consumption of sugar and sugary foods that cause plaque and acidity that causes tooth decay should be minimized.
- If possible, excessive tea and coffee drinking and smoking should be avoided as they cause tooth stains.
- Particular attention should be paid to the adequate fluoride content of water consumed during childhood. When using tap water in areas where the fluoride content of the water is low, fluoride supplementation should be used, if necessary, as recommended by the dentist.
- Dental check-ups should be done regularly, at least once every 6 months. Starting from childhood, by applying the correct oral and dental care principles throughout life, dental health can be maintained and tooth loss can be prevented.
- Therefore, if you want healthy teeth, you should pay attention to oral care and have regular dental check-ups.
- oral examinationPortanto, se você deseja dentes saudáveis, deve prestar atenção aos cuidados bucais e fazer check-ups odontológicos regulares.
- Medication for tooth and gum infections.
- Simple tooth extractions.
- Tooth stone cleaning.
- Total/partial prosthesis that does not require fixed restoration.
- Controls of previously made prostheses and treatments.
- Removal of the prosthetic blow.
Matters to be Considered by Patients and Their Relatives
In order to provide better service to our patients, we can make requests from our patients or their relatives. Information about the personal data, chronic diseases and possible personal data reports of the patient requesting treatment can be obtained. Our oral and dental team wears special clothes in the type prescribed by the Ministry of Health at home. Team members wear turquoise pants, white shirts/knits and turquoise vests/jackets depending on the season. In addition, team members carry ID cards from our clinic.